Caring for your suede boots is easy and will help extend the life of the boot—all you need to do is follow the below steps:
- Use a suede brush, to scrub off any surface stains or dirt.
- If you have any scuff marks, you can remove them with a gum eraser. Simply rub the scuff with the eraser and wipe away the rubber debris.
- Then dampen a suede brush with a little water and pour a small amount of suede and leather cleaner on it. Then clean the shoe, focussing your attention on any particularly stained spots.
- Dab the shoes with a clean towel to remove any excess moisture and leave to air dry.
- Once dry, apply a water and stain repellent spray on the shoe to help prolong their life. Some suedes are best treated prior to wear if they have not been treated.
- It’s a good idea to waterproof boots regularly to protect the leather from staining. If the leather is wet, let it dry naturally prior to cleaning or using any cleaning substances.